Madden Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be the GM of your favorite NFL team. Control the salary, players and roster.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Houston Chronicle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
commissioner
Admin

Houston Chronicle Empty
PostSubject: Houston Chronicle   Houston Chronicle Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:15 pm

Today Bob McNair fired GM Rick Smith and hired Tim Vande. Smith's 3 year tenure comes as a light shock as he has been very proficient in the draft and picking up free agents in season, but his major downfall was the ability to bring in quality free agents in the off-season. With the Texans on the verge of breaking out into a contender they needed a new GM. One that would bring in good veteran leadership and continue to draft well.

Tim Vande is a young (22) GM and has little prior experience. He brings intensity to the team and is very outgoing. He will be very active and working the phones all the way through the draft.

" I would like to thank Mr. McNair for giving me this opportunity to run an organization. My main goal is to continue to add depth and solid players to this team. My first priorities will be with our current players and their contracts. I will have to prioritize my time and decide who (if any) I will franchise and will have to scour the free agency list for players to add. I have to decide who I want to re-sign and then start looking forward to the NFL draft. I need to see which players I am looking to move (if any) and which ones are untouchable. I look forward to meeting the new GM's of the league and look forward to building the Texans into a dynasty."
Back to top Go down
https://ffmaddensimleague.forumotion.com

Houston Chronicle
Page 1 of 1