Madden Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be the GM of your favorite NFL team. Control the salary, players and roster.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Salary Rules

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
commissioner
Admin

Salary Rules Empty
PostSubject: Salary Rules   Salary Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:19 pm

Each team is allowed a MAXIMUM of 300 points. These points act as your salary. Follow the rules for signing players and draft picks. The salaries posted for each team is based on the MINIMUM points allowed per player according to ratings. The system follows this chart.

Salary Rules Jfgr4p

This is the same chart found in the free agency forum. Please read those rules!!

All salaries are to be updated EVERY TIME YOU MAKE A MOVE. Signing a player, releasing a player or trading a player. This includes rookies and free agents. Keep an updated salary in your team headquarter and ALWAYS KEEP THE salary post in the Team Salary forum up-to-date. If you go over the cap YOU HAVE 36 HOURS to make moves to get back on track and come under the 300. If you fail to make the 36 hour deadline your TEAM will face consequences.

HOW TO UPLOAD SALARY

First you MUST download this file.

http://www.xboxlivesportsleagues.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=860

**If you do NOT have Excel YOU MUST change the file from opening in Excel to open in Microsoft Spreadsheet.

IT IS SAFE. This will give you EVERY TEAMS current starting information. PLEASE READ THROUGH IT!!! There may be some mistakes. (Bernard Pollard for example was not on Houston's roster, he was on the Chiefs still. I moved him from Kansas City to Houston already.) If you notice mistakes PLEASE post them in the SALARY MISTAKES thread. This way BOTH teams involved can adjust their rosters.

Delete EVERYTHING other than these columns: First name, Last name, position, age, overall and years left. Add a column for Actual salary. Use the above chart to add the points based on the players overall. At the bottom add up the salaries and put the total below them. Label the next line over Salary Cap and subtract your TOTAL ACTUAL SALARY from 300. This is the amount of points you currently have for free agents, re-signings and draft picks. Save this file. You can get rid of all the other teams salaries if you'd like. They are on the bottom of the excel sheet if you did not notice them.

Open up paint. You need to COPY the information from the excel file. (Just highlight the information and then copy it. I highlighted the whole page and it froze my computer because it is too much information.) Go to your paint program with a new sheet opened and PASTE THE FILE. Bring the left side in to get rid of the extra empty space. SAVE THIS FILE.

Create your TEAM SALARY thread in the TEAM SALARY forum. Click HOST AN IMAGE. it is the picture with a disk in front of it above the "post box you type in". Browse your computer for the PAINT FILE. (Leave the forum size as is) Click HOST IT. It will give you 3 options. The third option says IMAGE URL. Copy this URL and click the picture next to host an image. It is just a picture. Paste the link in that box and click OK. Preview the post and make sure it looks correct. Then post and you're done!!!!

PLEASE REPEAT THIS PROCESS IN YOUR TEAM HEADQUARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep your excel file updated and ALWAYS post the new "picture" of the salary in both the TEAM SALARY forum and your team headquarter. If you have questions please ask me or another MOD.

Last edited by commissioner on Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ffmaddensimleague.forumotion.com
commissioner
Admin

Salary Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salary Rules   Salary Rules Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:54 pm

ALL ratings are not up to date. Please update them if you can or let someone know who can and we will help you. Once you update your ratings please ADJUST your salary!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
commissioner
Admin

Salary Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salary Rules   Salary Rules Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:37 pm

Do NOT delete your players with one year remaining on contracts QUITE yet. We will be doing this, but we need to wait for the free agency period. This is so we do not lose the players. If you delete them now we will not be able to find them LOL. Once free agency lists are set I will go through one team at a time to get their players and add them to the free agency lists.
Back to top Go down
footballfreak1

Salary Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salary Rules   Salary Rules Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:43 pm

So just look at our teams roster on Madden and then go by that point system? I won't have time tonight, have a game at 8:30 an hour and a half away so I won't get home till late tonight, so I'll do it tomorrow after school. Just wanted to make sure I'm doing it right.
Back to top Go down
commissioner
Admin

Salary Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salary Rules   Salary Rules Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:47 pm

footballfreak1 wrote:
So just look at our teams roster on Madden and then go by that point system? I won't have time tonight, have a game at 8:30 an hour and a half away so I won't get home till late tonight, so I'll do it tomorrow after school. Just wanted to make sure I'm doing it right.

what do you mean? for their ratings?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Salary Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salary Rules   Salary Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Salary Rules
Page 1 of 1